26 Jun 2015

Announcing 'The Make Me Read It Read-a-thon'



I tweeted the other day about how I wanted to host a read-a-thon and now...well, welcome to my announcement for a new read-a-thon of mine. So without further ado, let me reveal the dates/rules for THE MAKE ME READ IT READ-A-THON!



Firstly, I'm lucky enough to be hosting this read-a-thon with my absolutely amazing/lovely friend Val of The Innocent Smiley. There's the possibility of another read-a-thon (focusing on WWII) later in the year, but we don't know if anyone would be interested? (Please tell us you'd be interested)

It's a week long read-a-thon to make sure you can all get through as many books as possible! The week it's running from Monday the 20th of July at 8:00am to Monday the 27th of July at 11:59pm. Like most read-a-thons, this revolves around your timezone. We'll be using the hashtag, #MakeMeRead on all social media. Remember to follow both Val and I on Twitter for updates!

What's this read-a-thon about? Welllll, if you're a blogger, booktuber, booklr, bookstagram-er or whatever else, I'm sure you've been told that you HAVE to read 'that' book. That's the premise of this read-a-thon...

Need more details? Here you go.

Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten. 

Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read out of that list.

When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. The goal is to read as many as possible.


I hope some of you are able to join in. I think it'll be a lot of fun, and Val and I will organise some exciting things for everyone to do during the week. I'll be posting my selections/TBR in about week. Don't forget to sign up in the linky below! And remember to check out Val's post too!