24 Jun 2015

Writing Update #1

All of my posts lately have been about authors so I thought it was time to mix it up a little bit. Today I’m going to be updating you all on my writing. I’m going to make this into a fortnightly thing where I tell you how much I’ve written lately, what I’ve been writing and maybe even share a few snippets.

I wrote a post last month about all the WIPs I have, and so these posts will basically update you all on those and some other things too.

Firstly, my main novel—Tied Together. I’m kind of stuck in this weird place with this one. I love it, but as I write more and more it gets harder and harder to push through. This is set in Denmark, and I am moving there very soon so I’m hoping it’ll get easier once I’m there. I’ve written only 200 or 300 words this week.

Secondly, we have the one that was previously titled ‘Nellie’. I think I’ve decided on a proper title—The Bright One, which is what the name Nellie means. I’ve written about 7,000 words of this now and I’m really happy with where it’s going. I really want to make it to 10,000 by the end of the month.

I haven’t read anything for This Bitter Dark, Arden, my 1940’s novel or my Celtic retelling. I haven’t really thought about any of them except for Arden, which I’m hoping to plan out with the hope of writing it in November for NaNoWriMo. That’s the plan for now but it might change.

Finally, I’ve actually started planning yet another WIP. Obviously I needed one, because I just don’t have enough. This one is a modern day Young Adult/New Adult retelling of Rebecca, which is one of my absolute favourite books. I’m currently staying in Cornwall which is where the original and my version is set so it’s been good. I’m only in the very early stages of planning, but I’m hoping to write it next month for Camp NaNoWriMo.


So that’s what’s been happening with my writing lately. Since next month is Camp NaNoWriMo, I’ll be doing lots more writing updates but usually these will be fortnightly things.